You are probably reading this article because you love making ice. Maybe you own a small restaurant and bar, or you probably enjoy making your house party guest cold drinks. But irrespective of your love and need for a good ice machine, you probably have suffered with inefficient and disappointing machines. And if that actually sounds like you, read the following Edgestar IP210SS1 review to the end and see if it is a machine worth owning.
But before then, note that ice makers will always have their flaws. They will also have their strength points, and it is up to you to decide what features should be of priority to you as you go ahead and buy the machine. There are obvious features you should prioritize above everything else, however. For instance, the machine’s ability to produce ice consistently in amounts that satisfy you is one feature you should look out for the most, and so are the machine’s convenience features.
Edgestar IP210SS1 Ice Maker Main Features
Design and Construction
The Edgestar model looks really stylish with its professional look and appealing stainless steel finish. On the other hand, the top rated machine is medium sized and a bit heavy, but efficient all the same. It weighs 25 pounds to be specific and measures 14.5*11.8*14.5 inches. On the other hand, the ice maker features one of the strongest plastic constructions you can get from a medium budget ice maker at the moment. Its use of stainless steel on the outside also offers great protection against rust or corrosion which would lead to poor productivity if it affected the interiors of the ice maker.
Easy to Use Controls
The Edgestar model is in a class of its own when it comes to ease of use. You only have a few buttons before making the precise amount of ice you need, in the desired ice cube sizes and shapes. The ease of use is highly enabled by the presence of a digital display that is convenient and appealing. Overall, the machine also has easy mechanics, including the on and off switch button which requires no skills to learn how to use them.
If you use more than 20 pounds at your work place per day, feel glad because this model could make up to 28 pounds of ice. It is also a super-fast ice maker, which could deliver about 2.2 lbs. of ice in less than ten minutes. And like most great ice machines, the Edgestar model also has an insulated storage bin which holds ice as you prepare to move it to a freezer. So, does this mean the machine lacks an internal cooler? Yes, you will probably need a freezer around to hold excess ice as the machine delivers. It does come with an ice tray all the same, which is certainly safe to use in any refrigerator.
In addition to being attractive and strong, the machine is a reliable ice maker. Many Edgestar IP210SS1 reviews actually emphasize this point, which should give you a hint of why it is probably more expensive than some other similarly top rated machines. Note also that the Edgestar is reliable in both construction and performance. The compact nature and stainless steel finish, for instance, are good indicators of this, in addition to the multiple reviews that praise its great efficiency.
The Edgestar model has some special features that most people probably overlook in an ice maker. Its water re-using function, for instance, enhances efficiency as well as saves you from the need to drain it frequently. The water use design works by melting any excess ice in the tray, then directs it back to the water reservoir and makes more ice. This, in turn, ensures your ice tray never lacks ice. On the other hand, the machine is a low power consumer. At 115 volts, you would definitely get great value from the machine as you pay less on power. Other important features to note include the one year warranty the machine comes with, its three different ice cube sizes and its removable one gallon water reservoir.
Edgestar IP210SS1 Pros and Cons
- It is attractive and stylish with its commercial grade stainless steel finish
- It makes a relatively high amount of ice per day-The Edgestar ice maker is able to deliver about 28 pounds of ice per day, which would, in turn, help you run your business smoothly.
- It produces different sized ice cubes; thus giving you the convenience you need depending on the occasion.
- It is easy to use-With its digital display and other easy to use controls, this model from Edgestar brand is a machine you would be delighted to have at your restaurant or party.
- It features a water re-using design, which adds efficiency as well as ensure you have some ice in your machine at all times-The use of the water re-using technology has also been seen as a great leverage as it lacks an internal ice cooling compartment.
- It is compact and portable-The machine’s compact nature makes it a good choice for people who need their ice machine whenever they attend outdoor events.
- It has an easy to fill reservoir that can take both tap water and bottled water.
- It lacks an ice cooler, which would be a great advantage on occasions where you don’t have your freezer around.
- Its interior is plastic made, which shouldn’t be a problem, though. Almost all ice makers in the market today are also made of plastic on the inside, and they have been great performances so far.
The Edgestar IP210SS is one of only a few ice makers that have been overwhelmingly praised by customers. Its ratings in major Edgestar IP210SS1 reviews, for instance, are incredible as they show a machine that satisfies their needs fully. Its construction and features also show a modern machine set to distinguish itself from the rest. It is thus a good choice for the average home maker who needs ice during parties, anyone who enjoys iced water and definitely small businesses that require consistent and efficient ice making services at all times